Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Not my best effort

My goodness! I can't believe that I forgot to post the last two days. Where does the time go?


I did spend a lot of time the past two days working on household chores, sifting through craft stuff, packing up beads, etc.


I did manage to tat two more Ice Drops, and I finally finished my Cubs Spinning Wheel.


It doesn't look too bad in the photo, but it is truly not my best work. The center is floppy, probably because each of the red rings was tatted individually. The center rings are an uneven size, and if you were to look at the back side, you would see the ends are not well hidden... truly a poor example of tatting.

However, I did learn a lot from this piece, and I will use what I learned to tat a better Cubs Spinning Wheel!

17 comments:

  1. I am curious to see how you will get this done, it really looks fine in the picture. Oh I found my drops for the snow drops ha ha will begin soon😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were to see it in person, you would be in total agreement with me! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Well I'm going to start an argument with you, Diane. I think it looks fabulous. Well done too - a hard task you set yourself but you DID IT. Didn't we all tell you that retirement ain't easy?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will look better when I manage to do the center with split rings as Eliz suggested, Jane! I am trying... daily!

      Delete
    2. Pleased to hear that, Diane! You'll soon be an expert.

      Delete
    3. You could very easily do the center with split rings - would be good practice too! If you ever want to Skype for some hand-holding, I'd be glad to do it!

      Delete
  3. Those snowdrops are going to make a fabulous display!!! :)
    I think your Cubs spinning wheel is a wonderful first try!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your clubs spinning wheel is looking lovely, I am sure if you do another one, it will be even better.
    Another two lovely snowdrops, your tree will be shinning out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret! I will get the Spinning Wheel the way I want it eventually! I'll take a picture of my little tree once it's filled with Snowdrops!

      Delete
  5. Love your Snowdrops. How fun to create a Cubs Spinning Wheel doily in honor of their amazing win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive Cubs spinning wheel! You did well to get those red rings in there. At the next Tollway Tatters I'll ask you to demonstrate that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed, Diane. You made it work with the techniques you knew. That's terrific. I look forward to seeing your next one. Beautiful snowdrops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eliz! I am working on split rings, but I'm not there yet. I think your idea will work well... once I get the technique down!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!