Monday, March 13, 2017

Peacock options

This weekend was very busy with the high school Drama Club performance of Big Fish. If you have never seen the musical, I highly recommend it!


I did find some time to tat, first by finishing round 3 of Renulek's Wiosna 2017. So far, so good!


I've been exploring different options for the peacock coins that I recently purchased. As suggested by one of the ladies on the Ice Drop Addicts page on Facebook, I tried changing the ring count on round 2 to 3-7-3. Although I like the size of the rings, the opening is actually smaller than with my original stitch count. I do love Wedgewood Dk, but it overwhelms the peacock coin.


Next, I experimented with Edda Guastalla's pattern, the one that got me started on this tatting adventure. I think Edda's pattern shows off the peacock coin better than my Ice Drop pattern.


It looks especially nice on the back side. For this version I used Lizbeth Herbal Garden.


I was pleasantly surprised with the Lizbeth Gold. I think it really makes the colors in the peacock coin pop!

I have some more thread colors I'd like to try and luckily, I have several more peacock coins!
SaveSaveSaveSave

7 comments:

  1. This peacock coin sounds great and looks cute, I have not seen them at the store are you ordering them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them on Etsy. I searched for 20 mm coins, and they came up in my search.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I wondered 💟😊💟

      Delete
  2. Your doily is coming along stunningly!! :)
    Fabulous peacock Ice Drops!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! Any chance you'll be able to join us Saturday for Tollway Tatters?

      Delete
  3. Interesting colour experiments. I do like the gold. Renulek is looking good. Are you going to keep to her schedule or go ahead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have so many projects going right now, I think I'll keep plugging along on Renulek's doily. However, at the rate I'm going, I'll probably only manage to keep up with her posts!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!