Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Two by two

I seem to be doing things in twos lately! Today I tatted two Ice Drops.


I finished the ball of Spring Garden. There was enough thread left to tat the first round of an Ice Drop, but not the encapsulating round. That's okay. I think it makes a pretty little motif all by itself.


For my second Ice Drop I used size 20 Lizbeth #184, Rainbow Splash. It does make a pretty splash of color!


Since I now have two small looms, I decided to try warping an inkle pattern. I failed. I just haven't figured out how to warp following the patterns yet. So, I decided to do a little free form band weaving, and I do like the way it's turning out.

I made a big mistake with this warp. I put it on the loom backwards! The ratchets belong on the right, not the left. Luckily, with this style loom it doesn't really matter which side is which. I just need to advance the warp left handed, which makes me stop and think rather than advancing the warp automatically with my right hand. It's not a big deal. It just slows me down a little.


I'm making good progress with my Sami band. I've woven over half the warp, and I really like the way the pattern works up.

Tonight I'm going to take a break from tatting and weaving and do a little reading. Daughter Carol is going to be teaching AP European History next year. Her students are going to be reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder and A Little History of the World by E. H. Gombrich. I started both books several years ago, but never finished them. So, today I pulled them both off the shelf, and I've read the first chapter of each. They've both caught my interest again, so now is the time to start reading!

5 comments:

  1. More great Ice Drops!! :)
    Neat bands!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be learning a lot in your weaving adventures. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ice drops,
    The weaving is coming along and looking good
    Enjoy your books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy reading however have never read your two books. Lovely Ice Drop and motif. Weaving and Warping is definitely a foreign "language" to me. Yours look amazing no matter if they are left handed vs right handed. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get so much done are there two of you? :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!