Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Variety is the spice of life!


Before heading off to school this morning, I worked on my granny square afghan. Yes, I was at school again today, and I will be tomorrow and Friday. This week I've been subbing for teachers who are visiting other school districts to gather new ideas to use in their classrooms, something that was encouraged when I first started teaching, but somehow got lost over the years. I'm glad to see the idea of visiting other schools coming back!


One of the high school teachers requested a Christmas Red Ice Drop. Wouldn't you know, all I could find this morning was Victorian Red. I'm sure I'll find my Christmas Red soon, but for now this will have to do.


I worked on my sock after school. I think I'm ready to turn the heel!

9 comments:

  1. You are amazing with all you accomplish from day-to-day. Great idea for teachers to share ideas from other schools. Happy Spring and Happy May...<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but cooking and cleaning are not on the top of my list! I cook so that we don't go hungry, and I clean enough that we don't get sick. My home would never be featured in Better Homes & Gardens! ;-)

      Delete
  2. They Victorian red is very rich looking 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I actually prefer the Victorian Red over the Christmas Red.

      Delete
  3. It certainly is! Is the gem in that glorious red ice drop faceted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's crackled. I do enjoy crackling the clear glass gems. It's so easy to do, and it seems to give more dimension to the gem.

      Delete
  4. Great projects!!! :) I really like the colors in your afghan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the colors, too! The best part is, they come off the ball that way!

      Delete
  5. Love your granny blanket, beautiful red ice drop and the socks look very colourful, lots of projects to keep you busy

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!